Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in the following ways:
1. User Registration
2. Contact and Resume Submission Forms
3. Newsletter Signup
As such, we collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us, and Users may also visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities, such as creating an account or using the Job Alerts system.
SearchWide Global processes Personal Data as a Controller, as defined in the GDPR. All data collected on Users will be stored exclusively in secure hosting and email services provided by GoDaddy Inc, unless shared with other services as outlined in “Sharing User’s personal information.”
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
1. The PHP Session Tracking Cookie (PHPSESSID), which is used to differentiate between logged-out users so they can be served unique content. This cookie is always running on the site, and blocking it may cause certain functions to no longer work.
2. Google Analytics Cookies (GA, GAT, and GID) have important session-tracking functions, and are part of the site’s Analytics package. GA and GID are both used to distinguish between different users, while GAT is used to throttle the request rate to Google’s servers. By visiting SearchWide Global, the User accepts that these cookies are required for site-optimization purposes.
3. Add to Any Cookies (UVC and _CFUID) are used to allow social sharing of SearchWide Global’s content, and may also collect information on the User for advertising purposes. To opt-out, click here.
4. Hotjar Cookies (_hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjDoneTestersWidgets, _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets, _hjIncludedInSample, and _hjShownFeedbackMessage) are used to allow SEarch Wide Global to better understand and serve the User, through click tracking, form analytics, surveys, and polls. To opt-out, click here.
If the User chooses to opt-out of or block cookies, note that some parts of the Site may not function properly.
SearchWide Global Users have 8 fundamental rights under the GDPR. These include:
1. The right to be informed – we will always be transparent in how we use Users’ personal data.
2. The right of access – all Users can access any and all data collected on them on the My Information page.
3. The right of rectification – Users can update their personal data on the My Information page.
4. The right to erasure – on the My Information page, Users can A) delete their account, and/or B) request the erasure of their personal data at any time, though the latter will necessarily result in the removal of their account from SearchWide Global and all associated third-party platforms (Bullhorn and MailChimp). NOTE: if the User personally deletes their account from SearchWide Global, we will not automatically remove them from Bullhorn or MailChimp. As such, the User should follow up by contacting us via the Site.
5. The right to restrict processing – Users have the right to block the processing of their personal data at any time by deleting their account.
6. The right to data portability – Users can email all personal information collected by SearchWide Global to themselves at any time by clicking the Access Data Request button on the My Information page.
7. The right to object – Users have the right to object to the use of their personal data at any time, and we will remove it, if they so wish.
How we use collected information
When SearchWide Global collects Users’ personal and non-personal information, we may use it for the following purposes:
1. To improve customer service: Information Users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
2. To personalize User experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our Site.
3. To improve our Site: We may use feedback Users provide to improve our products and services.
4. To send periodic emails: We may use the User’s email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or the User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect User information
In order to protect User information, SearchWide Global uses the GoDaddy Website Security package, which secures User data, scans for and blocks malware on a daily basis, and protects our code. In addition, the site uses an SSL certificate to provide additional security and privacy for Users. On the site level, Search Wide Global endeavors to use secure and up-to-date code, in order to prevent potential security breaches, and also makes use of the Wordfence Security plugin.
Sharing Users’ personal information
1. By signing up for our newsletter.
2. By sending us their resume using the resume form.
By requesting access to these services without going through SearchWide Global’s interface (most commonly by getting in touch on social media, by phone, or by email).
Unfortunately, due to the tightly-linked nature of the services offered by SearchWide Global, Bullhorn, and MailChimp, we cannot remove User data from one without, by necessity, clearing it from all three. As such, if the User wishes to have their information removed from these platforms, then we will remove them completely from SearchWide Global, Bullhorn, and MailChimp. If the User wishes to Unsubscribe from MailChimp emails, without removing their data, they may do so at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of each email, or by contacting us via our Site.
Searchwide Global will always attempt to keep User information up-to-date on both the main website and third-party platforms, but they may always contact us on the My Information page.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, the User signifies their acceptance of this policy. If they do not agree to this policy, we ask them not to use our Site. All functions of the site that involve the gathering of User information will, from this point on, include a consent checkbox to ensure acceptance of these terms.
680 Commerce Dr., #220
Saint Paul, MN 55125
This document was last updated on September 10, 2018