A luxury hotel in Bermuda is seeking a strategic, organized, and experienced sales leader to serve as the new Senior Leisure Sales Manager. For more than a century, this hotel and beach club is Bermuda’s only luxury urban resort. With world-class accommodations, internationally revered modern art collections, celebrated restaurants, and a luxurious spa.
The Senior Leisure Sales Manager is responsible for establishing and executing direct sales efforts within the travel industry for tour operators, travel agencies (online and offline), and third-party intermediaries to exceed annual revenue and occupancy targets. Maximize sales, grow business share, and ensure the hotel maintains the highest level of professional profile throughout the travel industry. Develop and execute commercial partnerships and activations for consumers with other luxury brands. The position will work remotely on the East Coast, with frequent travel required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximizes revenue opportunities and drives share from within assigned territory and accounts.
- Maintain a frequent travel schedule of sales trips, trade shows, and host FAM trips.
- Leads and manages global efforts for travel agency and tour operator accounts, including co-op marketing plan creation and execution of global or individual net rate agreements.
- Implement and execute sales and marketing strategies across strategic pillars such as: Campaigns, Partnerships, Consumers, Travel Agent, Airlines, and Niche Markets.
- Develop and execute commercial partnerships with other luxury brands outside traditional travel partners and host consumer activations.
- Maintain a social media presence with travel partners.
- The ability to follow company SOPs and protocols when planning events and working with outside vendors.
- Development of activations at Virtuoso Travel Week and other conferences, including sourcing venues, building and managing invitation lists, presenting on-track appointments, and presenting during industry panels or sponsored speaking opportunities.
- Maintains a database of contacts, sales activities, marketing activities, and budgets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Curates interesting and on-brand events for both consumer and trade, including planning Roadshows.
- Managing goals with key accounts and implementing measurement against agreed targets.
- Develops and delivers training to ensure product knowledge updates for all contact points, including product managers, agency owners, independent contractors, and house agents.
- Conducts regular product presentations and training to key consortia trade partners (Virtuoso, Signature, SELECT, etc.).
- Monitors forward booking trends and domestic forecasts and introduces appropriate promotional activities and rate strategies to ensure forward shortfalls are minimized.
- Maintains high-profile industry relationships with tourism bodies, associations, airlines, and within the travel industry.
- Assists visiting hoteliers by making sales appointments and arrangements in the territory and leads the sales trips and events.
- Executes all required reporting on time, including weekly sales reports.
- Manages expenses, ensuring allocations are accurate.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Assist in the development and mentorship of the Sales Coordinator.
- Write professionally with correct grammar and punctuation to correspond with clients and colleagues.
- Read, interpret, and create business records and statistical reports.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Experience in strategic account management methods, as well as advanced business planning acumen.
- The ability to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple commitments simultaneously.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility within the department.
- Familiarity with all operational areas of the resort.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to utilize them effectively in English with guests, peers, and associates.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & LICENSURE:
- College graduate or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a manager within a Sales and marketing department, preferably a four-diamond property.
- Must be professional in appearance.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Opera PMS, Lanyon, and Agency360 is required.
Salary Range: $90,000-$100,000 +Bonus
Location: Remote, based in the Northeast
Contact: Kathryn Millard, Executive Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org