A premier hotel management and investment company is seeking a passionate professional to serve as the new Director of Group Sales at one of their Huntington Beach properties.
This spectacular beachside hotel & spa feels like a true escape for every guest. This position is primarily based on property with some flexibility of working remotely 1-2 days a week.
- Accountable for leading the Group Sales effort by prospecting and booking group business (all segments) within a defined territory.
- Exceed personal sales goals monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Travel into markets as required for Sales Calls, Tradeshows, Events, and Conferences.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to maximize group sales opportunities.
- Develop monthly sales strategy and action plans.
- Build relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Partner with regional and national sister hotels to optimize brand exposure and build incremental business.
- Budget for, plan, and organize site inspections, FAMS, sales trips, and industry trade shows.
- Utilize Opera Sales System to track, solicit, book, and follow up on accounts.
- Quote and negotiate rates within established parameters.
- Upon closing, coordinate and follow up with convention services, catering, and/or other hotel departments to ensure delivery of the hotel’s promised services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as a Sales Leader for a luxury hotel brand, preferably located in Orange County.
- Previous senior leadership hotel experience within sales required
- Proven ability to build relationships and find new business: prospecting, networking, site inspections, and sales calls
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel (Including but not limited to HMS, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Requires ability to serve the needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information, so it requires the ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Salary Range: $125,000-$150,000 +Bonus
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact: Kathryn Millard, Executive Recruiter, email@example.com